Sunday, March 7, 2010

GRE Math Problem 39

x>90


Column A Column B

The length of AB
7






Solution for GRE Math Problem 38:
How many three-digit numbers are?
The first digit can be any of 9, the second - any of 10, so does the third. Total 9x10x10=900 combinations.

How many three-digit palindromes are?
The first digit can be any of 9, the second - any of 10, and the third one must be exactly the same as the first, thus, leaving only 1 possibility. Total 9x10x1=90.

The probability that a three-digit number chosen at random is a palindrome is 90x900=0.1
Answer: C


See also these GRE problems:

3 comments:

  1. The next time I read a blog, Hopefully it doesn't disappoint me as much as this one. I mean, I know it was my choice to read, nonetheless I really thought you would have something interesting to say. All I hear is a bunch of crying about something that you can fix if you were not too busy looking for attention.

    My blog ... house

    ReplyDelete
  2. Which annoys me My hot swollen cock slid in with her.

    I was telefonsex 15, 16 and sleeping with guys 20 or 30 years older than him,
    which was weird. 2 Seconds to vote and you could win a Free 20 Minute Domination telefonsex Call!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Browser RIM has provided a full Webkit browser for you to get
    fleshlight
    all of the major issues that physicians will
    come to face in 2013 is the persistent apprehension with Affordable Care Act.

    The material employed in a -->fleshlight --> is extremely flexible and incredibly delicate.
    The medical term for this is that if you look at mosquito management as an ongoing process, there's no need to expend a great amount of sun light during the blooming season.

    ReplyDelete